2022 has been a peaceful and kind year both professionally and personally for me. I began the year as an AWS Data Lab Solution Architect, helping external customers utilize AWS AI/ML, SageMaker, and Analytics services for their data and ML projects. It was a fulfilling experience that allowed me to use my skills and expertise to make positive impact with customers. Along the way, I also made some good friends :). Later in the year, I transitioned to an internal team at Amazon as a Data Scientist. It had been something I had been working towards for a few years, so it was gratifying to finally see my efforts pay off.
Despite the current state of the tech industry and the news of layoffs in the fourth quarter by many companies including Amazon, there is also some anxiety about what the future holds. I believe that 2023 will be a challenging year for many of us in the tech industry.
As I reflect, I want to share my thoughts on what I’ve learned and what can help plan and prepare for the year ahead:
- Identify your purpose and align your goals with your values.
- Treat time as an asset. Time is a precious resource.
- Set specific, achievable goals and track your progress. Break your goals down into smaller, achievable targets can help you stay on track and monitor your progress.
- Focus your efforts on the things that you have control over.
- Be consistent in your efforts and stay focused on your goals.
- Be resilient and don’t let setbacks or challenges discourage you.
- Take a long-term view and think about the impact of your actions and decisions on the future.
- Embrace failure as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Seek support from others when needed.
- Take time to think and reflect on your goals, values, and the direction of your life.
- Be curious and open to learning and exploring new things.
- Stay current and informed about trends and developments in your field.
- Ask for feedback and be open to learning from others.
- Keep a check on your health.
- Take backup of data on a regular basis 🙂
I hope these ideas also help you stay motivated and achieve success in the new year. Here’s to a happy and prosperous 2023!